LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 21 05:59:31 CDT 2006

Jeff Latimer wrote:

> If CVS goes, is there another way to see what patches have been applied
> to the tree?  The git does not seem to do that for me and cvs.winehq.org
> is a fairly easy lookup.

If you have a local git tree, "git whatchanged" will give you the
complete commit history.

There's also the GitWeb interface at: http://source.winehq.org/git/

If you like graphical interfaces, try "gitk" on your local repository.

These are all described at http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine.

I expect that CVS will go away sooner or later.  Git is a better way to
manage Wine's source code, and we should encourage people to use it.

Mike