DIB Engine

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Thu Aug 24 07:04:57 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 03:57:43AM -0700, satyr_22901 at yahoo.com wrote:

> I've recently tried to play Heroes of Might and Magic IV under Wine,
> which has very poor performance and this message it printed out many,
> many times after the game is started:
>
> fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB
> copy

assuming that this is the real problem for the poor performance you
might squeeze quite some speed out if you get rid of the FIXMEs by
redirecting the output to /dev/null. if there are really _lots_ of
errors like this it takes quite some time to render them depending on
your terminal.

at least this reminds me, that i wanted to test homm3 with wine as the
native version no longer works with current
linux/glibc/64-bit/godknowswhy.

--
cu