Write-strings warning: the endgame

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Thu Aug 24 15:13:07 CDT 2006

Currently, there are just eight write-strings violations remaining in the
codebase: six in mshtml/nsembed.c (lines 271, 353, 356, 367, 432 and 1237),
one in mshtml/nsservice.c (line 454) and one in widl/parser.c (line 848).
So I would advocate that the -Wwrite-strings switch could now be turned on.

I have just submitted two speculative patches to attempt to fix these
remaining warnings, but, if they are wrong, I would be grateful if those of
you with mshtml expertise or yacc expertise should kindly step in and
finish the respective job properly.

Thanks,

-- Andy.