WineDBG / dbghelp symbol problem

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Thu Aug 24 17:53:10 CDT 2006

I have attached a tarball containing two logs one in case it works (log.works)
and one in which it fails (log.fails). When it worked wine was installed
in /usr/local and in the other case in /emul/ia32-linux/usr.

In the working case I executed 'WINEDEBUG=+dbghelp winedbg notepad' and piped
the output to a log and directly killed it. You'll notice the first line of
winedbg in it.

The second time I did the same but because wine wasn't in the path yet I
did 'WINEDEBUG=+dbghelp /emu/ia32-linux/usr/bin/wine winedbg notepad'. In
previous cases I had symlinks to wine/wineserver in the path and at that
moment the same problem appeared

Roderick