LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri Aug 25 09:51:46 CDT 2006

Jeff Latimer wrote:

> have.  However after that I end up with this:
>
> [hhh at frank wing]$ git rebase --continue
> You must edit all merge conflicts and then
> mark them as resolved using git update-index
>
> I also have the options of git rebase --abort and git rebase --skip
> which I am not sure of the effect of in this or any other circumstance.

If Alexandre has applied your patch, and in the middle of a rebase, you
get a conflict with the version of the patch in your tree, it's often
enough to do one of:

# preserve the diff in all.diff just in case
git diff-index -p HEAD > all.diff
patch -p1 -R < all.diff
git reset
git rebase --skip

OR

# get rid of the diff from this tree
git reset --hard
git rebase --skip

both will skip the patch, and continue the rebase, the first one simply
saves the diff just in case.

If you're not sure, you can check which files are uncommitted with:

git diff-index HEAD

As for the rebase options, the manual page is useful:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-rebase.html

Mike