WineD3D: Sample from the correct source when using older pixel shaders

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 27 06:18:50 CDT 2006

Am Sonntag 27 August 2006 04:31 schrieb Ivan Gyurdiev:
> > Also, maybe the stateblock should be passed as an argument to all
> > functions that use its states. I don't like walking up the tree to
> > find what you need (this->wineD3Ddevice) - it's a hidden dependency on
> > device state, which isn't even all the time - that's why you had to
> > move the point where the shader is compiled [ this needs better
> > documentation ].
>
> isn't even < valid > all the time
> Texture dimensions are set in drawprim's upload function.
Our shaders depend on the values set in the stateblock, which can be different
every draw theoretically. I think we should add a fast verficication of the
parameters in CompileShader(any better place?) which compares the relevant
settings in the stateblock to the values that were used to cross-compile the
shader. That should be in a seperate patch though, not in the sampling patch,
and it should be done for vertex shaders too(can the declaration change?)