What purpose does wineinstall still serve?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 00:26:20 CDT 2006

Last we discussed, wineinstall was kept to make it easier for newbies to install Wine.  I'm not quite the newbie to Linux or Wine anymore, but I think I would still be a bit lost without it.  From what I understand, there's more than "configure/ make/ make install" required to install Wine.  Wineinstall nicely packages everything for ya! :)

 Hiji