What purpose does wineinstall still serve?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 18:04:49 CDT 2006

> I know this feature is intended to make it easier for people to compile wine,
> but people who aren't comfortable with this should use precompiled packages.

I don't agree with this.  For most software, I will use an RPM, but I refuse to use Wine RPMs.  Either it is not optimized for my setup, or weird things happen (like I can't run anything unless I'm root.)  Wine-install makes installing Wine simple and painless, and if you want to make and compile yourself w/o wine-install, you can do that too.  So, there's no harm in keeping it around.

Hiji