mshtml as html parser

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Dec 8 05:36:50 CST 2006

Hi Kirill,

Kirill K. Smirnov wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> Just a little question: can wine's current implementation of mshtml.dll be
> used as html parser? I need to convert html code into a tree without
> displaying it.
> I tried to look through the code, but I'm not familiar with OLE. BTW some
> E_NOIMPL confused me
Wine's DOM implementation is mostly a stub. Only basic functions
are implemented (that is functions used by apps I've been working on).
Others are usually trivial to implement but there is a lot of them.
Anyways if you write an app and look for parser lib, I'd suggest using
something else, eg Gecko.

Jacek