fonts:add "framework" for tahoma font

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sun Dec 10 22:50:31 CST 2006

"Steven Edwards" <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greenville is virtually abandonware and while its not really possible
> to claim the font was ripped of it still was being developed under the
> umbrella of the ReactOS project. Even if work on it is revised and
> completed, until the situation with ReactOS changes I doubt it would
> make it in to winehq.

Greenville's face is substantially is different from Tahoma, the only
thing which is similar to Tahoma is character widths, which makes
Greenville a compatible replacement of Tahoma. Since I worked for
a publishing company for 10 years, and I know how the font faces are
being created, I should say that although Greenville has been developed
(formally) for ReactOS I don't think that that fact should make it less
useable outside of it.

--
Dmitry.