Conformance tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 07:08:22 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 13:09 +0100, Michal Okresa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> wine developers guide says that conformance tests must pass successfully on
> all Windows platforms.
>
> I tried couple of tests in past weeks to catch wine's style of unit testing,
> but now I am confused. For example I run crosscompiled olefont test
> (oleaut32) on the windows machines (XP,  98). The test ended with 15
> failures. The same test executed on my linux machine ended with 13 failures
> (reasons for failures are almost identical with previous runs on windows).
>
> Is this expected behaviour of conformance tests on windows platforms?
>
> thanks

As you can see on tests.winehq.org, there are several tests that fail on
several flavors of Windows. The goal is of course to have all these
tests succeed.

So bottom-line, the expected/wanted behavior is to have all tests
succeed on all versions of Windows and Wine. If a test is known to have
different output on different versions, the tests have to cope with
that.

Cheers,

Paul.