winex11.drv: Only try to initialize OpenGL if the display has the GLX extension.

Patrik Stridvall patrik at stridvall.se
Sun Dec 24 03:34:30 CST 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 10:12, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if checking for the GLX extension is such a good idea as it is
> possible to use OpenGL without having the GLX extension. For instance when
> plain Mesa is used.

OK. The thing is that if I have the OpenGL libraries installed and I try to
run Wine under VNC server I get I complaints that it doesn't have the GLX
extension. So I found some code that checks for the existence of the
extension.

In any case the initialisation of OpenGL fails under VNC server so something
needs to be fixed. But perhaps disabling it if GLX doesn't exist is too
brutal.

What do you suggest?