ntdll: Map ESPIPE to STATUS_ILLEGAL_FUNCTION

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Dec 31 04:53:37 CST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 05:28:23PM +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Running RedAlert demo spits a lot of FIXMEs about converting errno 29
> (ESPIPE) to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL. In Linux /usr/include/asm/errno.h has
> a comment /* Illegal seek */ for ESPIPE, so STATUS_ILLEGAL_FUNCTION seems
> to be the best choice.
>
> Changelog:
>     ntdll: Map ESPIPE to STATUS_ILLEGAL_FUNCTION.

The STATUS_ILLEGAL_FUNCTION name was rather misleading to me since it doesn't
indicate at all that it's supposed to be pipe-related
(however it's within the numeric range of many other pipe status codes!).
So, given that this is mainly a pipe status code after all I'd say that's
the best we can achieve right now.
Of course, what really matters is what the receiving Win32 side *usually*
expects after we encountered ESPIPE, and this might turn out to differ
from your conversion ;).
(is there any indication that RedAlert checks for a specific status code??)

Andreas Mohr