OpenGL as child windows

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Dec 31 12:00:09 CST 2006

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Damjan Jovanovic" <damjan.jov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> AFAIK there is no technical problems, only political ones. Wine no
>> longer allows subwindows to be X11 windows. I've heard Alexandre
>> Julliard won't accept such patches.
>
> That was a purely technical decision to get rid of X windows for child
> Win32 windows, and has fixed numerous painting and z-order related
> problems. If you or somebody else are really interested to go backwards,
> show us the code which cleanly passes 'make test' in dlls/user32 and
> simultaneously solves the problem for OpenGL child windows.

I'm not so sure that openGL windows behave the same way as GDI. Even
native has lots of visual glitches with that. Some one said they act
like an overlays - which might be true. In either case, what would stop
us from at least considering this as a valid option limited to openGL
only?

Another BTW I have not seen a single test in user32 that involves openGL.

Vitaliy