New wined3d configuration window

Brian Hill dcatz at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 2 09:52:40 CST 2006

It would be nice to have all options automagically detected but in my
experience with that commercial wine variant, that simply isn't
possible.  Games are a complex beast.  Let's say a game makes use of
Shader Model 2.0.  And we are using a future version of wined3d that
supports 2.0.  But under any ATI cards and their Linux drivers, this
kills performance.

We could have Wine autodetect and fall-back to a lower shader model with
ATI cards but then that would make debugging more difficult.

Also, it would vary per game.   There could be another SM 2.0 game that
does not cause issues on ATI cards.