Meaning of error message

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:00:16 CST 2006

Robert Shearman wrote:

> Segin wrote:
>
>> II have recently recieved the following message during the
>> installation of a program with the instantaneous termination of the
>> installer:
>>
>> wine-pthread: stack smashing attack in function RichEditANSIWndProc()
>>
>> Does this mean that there is a bug in the installer or the function
>> RichEditANSIWndProc()?
>

> Probably RichEditANSIWndProc. Please run with +richedit,+message
> logging and post the last 20 or so lines here.

Although I haven't done logging like you have said before, the manpage
gives a goot hint to put "+richedit,+message" in the enviroment variable
WINEDEBUG. However, if this is correct, then there was no additional
output, or I compiled Wine wrong. I'll go try to compile Wine with
whatever debugging enabled that I can enable.