[Fwd: Re: [AppDB] modify installs and runs fields]

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:57:19 CST 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:

> If you've already got a way of showing what works "out of the box"
> that's great!  It wasn't obvious to me.
>
> I had to dig around the appdb pages to figure out where you define what
> "gold" is, and there's also no way to search for "gold" apps.
>
> So what I really want is a way to list all the apps that run out of the
> box.  How can I do that?
>
> If we can get people to concentrate on getting applications to "gold"
> and then testing them like that, I think it would be a good thing.

The current situation is that we lack a query page in the AppDB. This
needs to be rectified.

One of the main reasons I have not addressed this because as soon as it
is created it will be called inadequate, and no matter the amount of
work  put into it it will continue to be a source of complaints. (Yes
thats cinical but it's from experience based on the complaints about the
query page for bugzilla ). So I know it should be done but am personaly
not motivated to do it. ;^{

--

Tony Lambregts