dx9 and shaders

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:00:10 CST 2006

On 03/02/06, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> If you have any ideas why GetDC fails, please tell me

> trace:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_LockRect returning memory <at> 0x7dfa0020,
pitch(4096) dirtyfied(1)
> First chance exception: page fault on read access to 0x7dfa0000 in 32-bit code
(0x7ff99374).
Note the addresses there.

>+    This->dib.DIBsection = DIB_CreateDIBSection(ddc, b_info, usage,
&(This->dib.bitmap_data), 0, (DWORD) lock.pBits, lock.Pitch);
I'm not sure you can do that like that. lock.pBits is allocated with
HeapAlloc, and it looks like DIB_CreateDIBSection expects memory
allocated with VirtualAlloc, judging by a quick look at the code and
the commit comment here:
http://source.winehq.org/git/?p=wine.git;a=commitdiff;h=8b9f33851a5cfde1f812133603acb23128f2bd10
Perhaps someone a bit more familiar with that code could comment on
that.