USER32: Hide cursor when calling SetCursor with NULL HCURSOR

Justin Chevrier jchevrier at nexicom.net
Thu Feb 9 20:10:39 CST 2006

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:50:51PM -0500, Justin Chevrier wrote:
>

>>Changelog:
>>Hide cursor if SetCursor is called with a NULL HCURSOR
>>

>Which obviously implies the question:
>What if the program does a SetCursor(something) later? Should it then re-show a
>cursor previously hidden by a NULL handle? And if so, does Wine handle that
>re-showing properly?
>I'd better have a program with duplicate cursor than one without any cursor any
>more at all ;)
>
>Andreas

I agree completely, this is not something we want to mess up and leave
the user with no cursor. It also seems
that Windows returns a handle to the current cursor before it hides it,
whereas I'm just returning 0 right now.
I need to write a more in depth test program to find the correct
behaviour. I will do some more research and
testing before I resubmit.
Thanks for the feedback!

Justin