[d3d8] question about "bogus" code

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.com
Wed Feb 15 05:52:16 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:42:51PM +0100, H. Verbeet wrote:

> > as with newer versions more and more games i try no longer work (which
> > worked with wine around 0.9.0)
> In general, are those d3d8 or d3d9 games?

well for the tests i did i have problems with out-of-memory in games
programmed in java (il2 sturmovik + pacfic fighters), problems with GLX
(BadMatch) with pacfic fighters and nascar racing 2003 and a segfault
related to my mail i sent there with life for speed,which is actually
d3d8 (although i though it would use d3d9). the only three "games" that
use d3d9 on my disk are ankh and richard burns ralley (which never
worked from the first day) and the ogre 3d engine demos (many demos
worked with wine a few days ago).

long story short - i have the general impression that lots of stuff that
worked with earlier wine versions no longer works for me with different
reasons and theses are not all d3d related (as i dont use d3d if there
is an ogl alterantive).

--
cu