Startup time of OOo2, Firefox 1.5. Some surprises.

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Feb 15 13:49:44 CST 2006

From: "michael meeks" <michael.meeks at novell.com>
> So my personal feeling (having never used it) is that prelink is a pain
> to setup, maintain, get distros running with, fragments the disk etc.
> etc. ;-) [ but this is all 2nd hand angst ].

I run FC4, and AFAIK it is implemented on that system.
I must say however that I was never aware of it, which
is pretty cool. Don't know how much it helps (I still
feel the startup of pretty much everything needs work),
but at least it doesn't get in the way.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.