Design Decision? Code, Clone or Translate

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Feb 21 08:40:07 CST 2006

Hallo,

as stated by some bug entries, the msvcrt implementation of strtod()
understands 'd' and 'D' in addition to 'e' and 'E'. I have stumbled apon
places, where this is needed. The gnu implementation
doesn't understand 'd' and 'D', so we need out own implemenation in
msvcrt. I see three possibilities. Which is best suited?
- Code it ourself
- Clone the implemention from glibc or another open source libc with
suitable license and make this cloned code understand d/D
- Or clone the string, substitute d/D for e/E and call standard libc

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de