Guitar Rig 2 in Linux/Wine

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Thu Feb 23 15:51:54 CST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:30 -0500, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On Monday 20 February 2006 19:34, Michael Ost wrote:
> > We are interested in getting the new Guitar Rig 2 USB foot controller
> > supported in Linux/Wine. It's described here:
> >
> > http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=guitarrig2_us
> >
> > I assume from looking at it, that a USB driver would be required and
> > then perhaps some Wine tweaks to let the plugin open the USB driver.
>
> It'd be probably helpful to know more about the device itself. Does it expose
<snip>

Kuba,

A guy from the linux-audio developers mailing list named Brian Sturk
replied and is interested in doing the work. He should be fine with the
linux driver side, but pointers in the Wine part of the project might be
useful.

For now, I am assuming that the work would be open source and integrated
into linux and wine in the normal way. I believe the company will be
cooperative.

Would you care to be CCd on my exchanges with him, or rather just let
this one go? I'm fine either way. Thanks for the reply... mo