(no subject)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Feb 28 11:54:17 CST 2006

Hi,

> I was installing "ls2004.exe" (Lan Suite) from http://www.software602.com
> on a Slackware Linux 10.2 system using wine 0.98 from your website when at
> the end of the installation this error was coming up !
I doubt that this app can ever fully work in Wine. A mail server isn't the
problem, an anti-spam filter shouldn't make a problem too, but a firewall and
NAT need the windows packet filter. There's not much sense in allowing
Windows apps to configure the Linux packet filter. There are many Linux apps
that can do that much better, and it's a very low-level thing. The anti-virus
functionality depends on how it works. If it's a check that just opens a file
and checks it, then there's no reason why it shouldn't work, but if it has an
on-demand checker, than it needs very deep kernel integration too.

Stefan Dösinger

PS:
In general, general problems with applications should be discussed at the
wine-users list. A mail subject is a good idea too ;)