winecfg: Problems with audio configuration

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:52:53 CST 2006

On 1/2/06, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

> Well I'm not sure how about other configurations, but on mine I can not
> set it to anything else with any driver I have. My system is nForce 2
> with ALSA HW drivers.

Hi,

I'm the one having complete lockups with wineoss.drv.  I also have the
nforce2 sound chip (snd_intel8x0), but I use it as a secondary device.
  I actually use cmi 8738 (snd_cmipci) for most everything.  I will
disable snd_intel8x0 and switch back to wineoss.drv to see what
happens.  I'm thinking the problem lies in snd_intel8x0 based on your
report.

Jesse