winecfg: Problems with audio configuration

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:18:11 CST 2006

On 1/2/06, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm the one having complete lockups with wineoss.drv.  I also have the
> nforce2 sound chip (snd_intel8x0), but I use it as a secondary device.
>   I actually use cmi 8738 (snd_cmipci) for most everything.  I will
> disable snd_intel8x0 and switch back to wineoss.drv to see what
> happens.

The problem is with snd_cmipci.  Furthermore I get a gpf when
rmmoding.  So I have something else to go by now without resorting to
the winecfg hard lockup.  This is probably a kernel regression so I
will track it down.  You can ask the others having a lockup with the
winecfg what sound drivers are loaded into the kernel too.

snd_intel8x0 seems fine, so actually, you are ok too then.