ntdll: Implement few Dbg* functions.

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 3 14:25:34 CST 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:

>> IMO, the Ui ones seem to be rather old (NT4 or something) whereas the
>> ones I'm talking about are more recent (XP), but seem better defined
>> (API wise). For example, only XP version seems to provide the wait for
>> debug object and continue APIs. That's why it seems to me more
>> interesting to me that we move to the XP flavor.
>
> actually, you could implement it on top of Ui flavor as well
> we'll have to dig deeper to tell the differences
> A+

/me putting the shovel away after some digging

the DbgUi* functions are the one called from kernel32, but refer to a
single debug object, stored in the TEB in DbgSSReserved array
They call the 'simple' Dbg functions, which allow a given debugger
thread to handle one than a debugging object (compared to the DbgUi ones).
we can safely start by implementing the DbgUi functions in ntdll. If
needed we can move later one to the Dbg ones.

--
Eric Pouech