Question regarding the Wine Vs WineLib performance

Tom Spear (aka Dustin Navea) speeddymon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:13:24 CST 2006

This may sound like a stupid thought, and may have already been
discussed (I couldnt attend wineconf), but doesnt g++ compile everything
with -Ox upon request, so it is size-optimized (read: Compressed), and
don't most people use that same flag on most compilations?  It seems to
me that if the above 2 statements are correct, then the reason MSVC
produces faster code than g++ is because MSVC doesnt compress it's
output, you have to use something like upx to compress it, while keeping
it executable, and then once that is done, the binary runs slower...
Like I said, probably already discussed, and probably incorrect, but my
2c either way.