wcmd & start

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 4 19:13:38 CST 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:

>> An easy fix might be to add the windows/comand directory to the path
>> variable on startup of wcmd.
>>
>> Is the fine for everyone? If not please suggest a better solution.
>
> as we get but report for programs not working because the get fooled by
> wine's start.exe (which shouldn't exist on latest NT), another way would
> be to integrate the start exec as a wcmd command
> you'd kill two birds with one stone
> incidentally you would break Win9x programs requiring start outside of
> the command handler...

Actually, if there's a start.exe in the current directory in Windows,
that "start" will be run rather than the builtin start.

If you're going to change the way it works, make sure that you handle
that case correctly.  You might also want to check what happens if
there's a start.exe in the PATH.

Mike