daily winetest generation

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Jan 6 09:15:29 CST 2006

* On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Paul Millar wrote:
> * On Friday 06 Jan 2006 01:29, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > I think compiled EXEs should be released regardless of their
> > generation date.  No?

Excuse me for my typos and logical mistakes, but..

> Personally, I'd prefer building winetest.exe as part of WRT (auto
> regression testing based on CVS commits).  WRT builds winetest.exe
> anyway (in fact, all the DLLs and EXEs it can), but the results are not
> registered, so no one sees them.

I didn't got it - when do the results get not registered?  Or when it
does?

> However, dealing with asynchronous updates was thought both too
> difficult and not necessary so we have the synchronous once-a-day
> builds.  I'm maintaining a separate cron-triggered build process,

Are its results public? :)
What belongs to WRT and what does to your separate build process?

> The winetest infrastructure was originally designed to work with
> once-a-day releases, although I'm not sure if that restriction is used
> within the code.  Changing it to work with potentially more frequent
> releases might require no extra work, or a fair bit.

Paul, just to note, I am perfectly fine with a per-day releases. :)

> In favour of the status quo:  it works, its simple, you have to wait (at
> most) one day [*] and there's no need to change any of the
> winetest/winrash/.. infrastructure.
>
> In favour of change: faster turn-around (and would make my life a bit
> simpler :^)

Well, I may not understand your reply correctly, but why then I see only
1 release during 2006 year at the of the page [2]:

 [DIR] 200512271000/           06-Jan-2006 04:05    -
 [DIR] 200601061000/           06-Jan-2006 05:50    -

when WRT summary page [3] tells us there were several successful builds in
this year already:

 Thu Jan 5 17:29:03
 Wed Jan 4 20:51:31
 Wed Jan 4 15:00:50
 Tue Jan 3 21:38:32
 Tue Jan 3 14:38:04

Has that happend due to lack of running Winrash clients during this time?
My Winrash stayed IDLE when I had launched it several times.

[2] http://test.winehq.org/data/
[3] http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/wrt.php