Need help in debugging a stack corruption

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Jan 7 09:18:52 CST 2006

> Well, an object can have multiple interfaces and still be the same object.
> So basically if at each new 'QueryInterface' call you allocation a new
> I<Interface>Impl structure it's wrong regarding COM too...
>
> For example, you could create a surface1, query interface it to be a
> surface2. Then if you changed stuff using the 'surface1' methods (like, for
> example, attaching a palette to it), you should be able to query the same
> palette back using the 'surface2' methods ... Which would not be the case
> using your solution as both interfaces have separate contexts.
Right, didn't know this QueryInterface thing. Of course if an application
QueryInterface()s a IDirectDrawSurface for IDirectDrawSurface2, I replace the
VTable and return the same pointer. This scews up the IDirectDrawSurface of
course...

Well, I'll use the original way. I guess I should have studied the COM basics
before :)