Please read: Wine(HQ) needs a reorganization (AppDB, Bugzilla, etc.)

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:48:26 CST 2006

Tom Spear (aka Dustin Navea) wrote:
> ANYWAYS this email has gotten longer than I planned, and my hands are
> starting to hurt, so please, comments or suggestions, send em my way.

Maybe the reason that your mail is so long is that it's an impossible
feat to save that zilla.

Let's pronounce that monstrosity from the past dead and start using a
better product.

Switch to Trac, for example.  It will import your Bugzilla bugs in a
snap and you're ready to go.  User friendly and much simpler and much
more consistent than Bugzilla.
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

The administrator can define custom reports, they're available under
< View Tickets >.
Click this and see.

Instead of the custom script you talk of, now choose  < Custom Query
>, add a "reporter" filter and set it to yourself.  Can also be used
in URL fashion like this:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/query?reporter=jonas

Lots of other niceties too.
There's an integrated Wiki where you make inline references to the
ticket system.  Or inline references to the source code, which is also
conveniently browsable in Trac.  You can search across tickets, source
code commits and the wiki with a simple google-like search box.  You
can even keep your product manual in the wiki like the Trac project
does (see http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracGuide).  There's
even a plugin for making the wiki DOCBOOK compatible somewhere.
Possibilities seems endless.