Starter projects for new Wine contributors?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Jan 9 19:57:33 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 16:36 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/TodoList is the place we've gathered
> that stuff, but nothing there really grabs me.
> I suppose the tasks
>   http://wiki.winehq.org/CrossCallsWtoA
>   http://wiki.winehq.org/ConstifyData
>   http://wiki.winehq.org/SpecDiscrepencies
> might qualify.  Do they still need doing?

Absolutely. It would be great if we can finally get them
over with. Not so sure about ConstifyData, but there we
either need to get rid of it if nothing is left to do,
or provide a comprehensive list of what is to be done
like we do in the other cases, so we have a better feel
of the scope and magnitude of the task.

> http://winehq.org/site/fun_projects has some cool stuff
> on it, particularly the idea of using Mono's libgdiplus
> to implement gdi+ in Wine.  (That's probably more than
> a week's worth of work, though.)

This should really be moved to the Wiki :).

> And then there's riched20.  It's missing quite a few
> little features; see the 11 open bugs here:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?product=Wine&component=wine-richedit&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW
> Might some of those be doable in a couple days?

Yes, I think so. From past experience, once you
get past the first few days of understanding what
is going on, you can fix/implement a lot of these
little features.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.