Benchmarks for 0.9.5

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:55:04 CST 2006

Tom Wickline <twickline <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 1/17/06, Tom Wickline <twickline <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please take with a large dose of salt.
> > http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark-0.9.5
>
> Add more salt, I have the 3dmark2000 result browser installed and can
> get scores from full screen runs now.

Just a suggestion, but it might be interesting to post the native Linux scores
for those tests that have native Linux executables (i.e. ut2004, quake3).  That
should give us a "theoretical best score," since it is unlikely that a Wine
setup could surpass a native Linux binary (assume the options/features are
identical of course).

In the case of ut2004, it uses, by default, DirectX in windows and OpenGL in
Linux I believe.  As such a ut2004+opengl test might be a useful comparison as
well. I haven't tried this myself though, so don't ask me how :)

Regards,
  Aric