Wine on SuSE 10 and German Umlauts

Roland Kaser roli8200 at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 19 03:06:39 CST 2006

Thanks

No, makes no diffrence. It seems that the problem is based on a SuSE
specific configuration or library version. Can somebody tell me how wine
gets the keyboard events, or whats happen in wine when users presses keys?
I might help to debug this issue. I tried 0.9.5 on Fedora 4 and it worked
there. I had a similar problem with X as I ran a Yast software update and
only a downgrade to a previous version of X could fix the problem. No the
german umlauts in X works properly and I cannot downgrade in case of a very
special graphics card with vendor specific drivers.

Regards

Roland kaeser