Wine on SuSE 10 and German Umlauts

Roland Kaser roli8200 at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 19 03:59:35 CST 2006

Hello

Previously i played a bit around with setxkbmap but couldn't get a
satisfactorily response. Currently I use:  "setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout
ch -variant de_Sundeadkeys" for a swiss german keyboard layout. But
actually all german umlaut keys seems to be returning only the ü (ue) key
although  the traced keyboard events (as with WINEDEBUG option) responses
diffrent keyboard events.  I attached all traces for the diffrent keybaord
events. Eventually You can see someting in this I read it but couldn't get
a reasonable information out of the traces.

Thanks

Roland Kaeser

Marcus Meissner wrote:

It reads raw X events, and translates them multiple times between
different representations (X keycodes, scancodes, windows virtkeys).

You could run with:

WINEDEBUG=+key,+keyboard wine program.exe

and see if there is any useful debugging info (check what happens
when you type an umlaut).

Ciao, Marcus