Mac OS X/Intel port

Jim White jim at pagesmiths.com
Sun Jan 22 18:00:18 CST 2006

Hi Chris!

Wine has been compiled and run with limited success on OSX/X86 a few
times at least.

Holland Rhodes posted earlier today on Darwine-devel with his results,
which I have copied to a patch item (because apparently attachments
can't be downloaded from the mail archives).

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1412378&group_id=69890&atid=526089

(If that link doesn't work for you, go to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/darwine/ and choose "Patches".)

Toshimitsu Tanaka used that to produce this screenshot:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/toshi3/images2/wine.jpg

Results with an earlier version of Wine is reported here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Darwine_tutorial

And please do join the discussion at http://darwine.opendarwin.org/ .

Jim White