LostWages: remove third party downloads section from our download page

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon Jan 23 17:05:42 CST 2006

Monday, January 23, 2006, 3:16:41 PM, Chris Morgan wrote:
> On 1/23/06, Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> Did we decide if we wanted to do this? I can't remember. A.D.D. you
>> know.
>>
>> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 02:22 -0500, Tom Wickline wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Tom
>> >
>> > Changelog:
>> > Remove third party downloads section from our download page
>>
> Have we seen any response by the winetools guys as far as new revs and
> support in #winehq?  Vitaly would be a good person to ask about this I
> think.

> Chris

No I have not seen anyone on #winehq who wanted to support winetools on
the channel. But I've seen yet more people who installed winetools and
most of the "system" software just so they could run Steam (which
requires only Mozilla ActiveX controls. But they were sure they needed to
install all because that's what they understood as "system" software.

Also Tom told me that he tried to contact winetools author and have not
received response from him in almost a month.

Vitaliy.