Winhelp - Derive 6

Felix Möller felix at derklecks.de
Mon Jan 23 15:20:23 CST 2006

Hi,

>> Is winhelp supposed to be able to handle these help files?  It is
>> listed in the appdb as gold-supported.
> no. basically, the external DLL registers back into winhelp to get
> some extended support that we don't provide yet. Basically, most of
> the core logic is here, but we have to wrap it into the APIs designed
> for those winhelp plugin DLLs. You also it some bugs in the
> decompression scheme for help files. Basically, all of this is rather
> low priority, but if someone wants to jump in, I can boot strap him
> on those issues.
As we do own Windows 98 licenses, it would be no problem to use real
Windows 98 DLLs.  Is there a chance to get any further with this
approach?  Of Which DLLs or programs should I try to use the native ones?

>> There are several other errors I see using derive, but I will have
>> to do some more research.  An easy bug is probably that the user
>> just gets a black window after clicking on "about wine".
> may be linked to the external DLL required for some action here.
I will do some more investigation.  At least with the default log-level
wine is not reporting any oddities.

Thanks for you help.

		Felix