server: Initial inotify support.

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 24 05:56:20 CST 2006

Hans Leidekker wrote:

>>This isn't ready yet because it cause a regression test to fail.  The
>>failure is related to calling RemoveDirectory on an open directory
>>handle, so isn't a fault in this code.
>
> You must be referring to my evil change notification test here?

Yeah, that's the one.  Good test! :)  It's not failing because we don't
get a change notification though; it's failing because Wine won't delete
a directory that's open.

I actually have a test that shows the same problem in the ntdll version
of the notify tests, but that one doesn't pass yet, so I wasn't forced
to solve the problem like I am here :)  The kernel change test currently
passes because file change notifications work the wrong way - they don't
require you to have an open directory handle to get notifications, so it
avoids the delete-with-open-handle problem.

> Another interesting case that I didn't test would be moving a directory
> that has change notifications registered for it. I see you don't map
> IN_MOVE_SELF, which would allow us to detect this case. Any particular
> reason for that?

First I need to allow deleting directories that have an open handle,
then I can make the test work, and IN_MOVE_SELF/IN_DELETE_SELF are
probably what's needed.

Mike