Windows manager

Phil Lodwick Phil.Lodwick at EFI.COM
Tue Jan 24 11:47:02 CST 2006

I have an application that does not seem to appear to the Window Manager.  I
am using fvwm.  To confirm I am running fbpanel which basically does a:

XGetWindowProperty(GDK_DISPLAY(), GDK_ROOT_WINDOW, a_NET_CLIENT_LIST, 0,
0x7fffffff, 0, XA_WINDOW, ...);

and the window never appears on its list.

The strange thing is if I rotate the screen in my XF86Config-4 file, the
window DOES appear on the list and I can use fbpanel to select the window,
bring it to the front, etc.

Anybody have an idea as to what difference rotating the screen would make?

Thanks,
Phil