d3d8: CreateDevice should try the parent if the current window fails

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Wed Jan 25 05:14:52 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 08:36:15PM +0100, H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 24/01/06, Jan Zerebecki <jan.wine at zerebecki.de> wrote:
> > Changelog:
> > d3d8: CreateDevice should try the parent if the current window fails
> > because it doesn't have the property __wine_x11_whole_window .
> > Fixes bug #4341 .
> Does that happen in wined3d as well? If so, it's probably usefull to
> fix wined3d as well, considering the idea is to make d3d8 use wined3d
> eventually.

I guess as it has similar code:
grep 'GetPropA\(.*"__wine_x11_whole_window"' dlls/wined3d/*
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/wined3d/device.c?v=wine-0.9.6#L1193
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/wined3d/directx.c?v=wine-0.9.6#L91
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/wined3d/swapchain.c?v=wine-0.9.6#L164

There are three locations and I have no d3d9 stuff that exposes the exact same
bug. So if nobody else checks/fixes it in wined3d, I'll just wait till either
the d3d8 on wined3d stuff is in origin or has a git repository and then test
again.

Jan