Problems with references to drive Z: in registry's User Shell Folders

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jan 25 12:09:40 CST 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 17:36, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Maybe what we should do is to always have the paths point into the c:
> drive, and then play with symlinks at the Unix level to redirect
> things to $HOME. This way it would keep working even if the drive
> config is changed after the initial setup.

For some reason I thought that by default wine isn't following symbolic links
to directories, but that doesn't seem to be true any more. Is this option
still available? Do we still have to consider this?

I would go on to extend winecfg then, to support setting symbolic links for
the "Desktop" and the "My Documents" folders. And add a command line option
to set reasonable defaults in a GUI-less mode to be called from
wineprefixcreate.

Is it ok to rename winecfg's "Appearance" tab to "Desktop Integration" and put
this stuff there?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung