user32: make menu tests pass on Win 9x/ME -- RESENT

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Jan 26 04:30:52 CST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:57:19 +0100, you wrote:

>Also I think IS_STRING_ITEM is fine, there's no
>reason to add _ONLY since there's no other macro that would do a less
>specific test.

Naming can be bad, misleading and ambiguous by itself. I may not have
come up with something really pretty, but I hoped to avoid possible
confusion that caused a wrong patch like :

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2006-January/023257.html

to be sent in.

The name IS_STRING_ITEM seems to test if it is a string item. That
actually was its meaning until a few weeks ago. Not now because any menu
item can have a string, the places where it is still used are those
where absence of other flags is the concern.

Rein.