Problems with references to drive Z: in registry's User Shell Folders

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 26 06:05:17 CST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 12:19, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Support in winecfg would be good, but I think we still want shell32 to
> be able to set proper defaults, especially if a wrong setup means file
> dialogs don't work anymore.

As I understood thus far our plan is to remove all the $HOME magic from
shell32 and let CSIDL_PERSONAL default to
%USERPROFILE%\LoadString(IDS_PERSONAL) and CSIDL_DESKTOP to
%USERPROFILE%\LoadString(IDS_DESKTOPDIRECTORY).

My current plan is to move all the unix symlink stuff to winecfg. We could
call winecfg from wineprefixcreate to set up the symlinks. It would still
work without the symlinks. With Desktop and MyDocuments being mapped into the
profile directory, though.

Do you see any problems with this?

Bye,
--