TAPE 5/5: add implementation of kernel tape functions #2

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Thu Jan 26 14:13:57 CST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:37, Robert Shearman wrote:

> You're duplicating RtlNtStatusToDosError.

Not completely. STATUS_DISK_FULL (translated from ENOSPC) for
example is mapped to ERROR_DISK_FULL by RtlNtStatusToDosError
whereas I am mapping it to ERROR_END_OF_MEDIA which I think is
more appropriate in the context of tapes.

But the conversion is lossy already (Unix error -> NT status
-> Win32 error), so I don't care too much. I'll send a patch
that uses RtlNtStatusToDosError so Alexandre can choose.

 -Hans