Startup time of OOo2, Firefox 1.5. Some surprises.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jan 29 21:02:50 CST 2006

On 1/29/06, n0dalus <n0dalus+wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very interesting. Keep in mind that the FC5t2 kernels and libraries
> currently have some debugging stuff enabled that might have a big
> effect in these tests.

The few bits I've verified in Ubuntu 05.10 are the same as in FC5t2,
so perhaps that isn't a problem.  I'll do future measurements in
Ubuntu, probably.

There are some rendering problems in Firefox; to see them,
run firefox 1.5 under wine, then log in to gmail.com; you'll see black
streaks to the left of the text entry areas.

Firefox also seems to render slowly; it's tempting to run wine under oprofile
and see if that finds the bottleneck.  cf.
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=249#oprofile%20&%20Wine
- Dan