shell32/shellpath [3/3]: (RESEND) Create symlinks to $HOME based directories during SHELL_RegisterFolders.

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jan 30 00:51:55 CST 2006

On Sunday 29 January 2006 10:38, Michael Jung wrote:
> ChangeLog:
> Create $HOME targeted symbolic links during SHELL_RegisterFolders.

I've just realized that unixfs has a problem with the symlink stuff. It
evaluates symbolic links in UNIXFS_get_unix_path and then doesn't find a DOS
path for /home/mjung in GetDisplayNameOf (If there's no drive mapped to '/',
that is.)

The symlink evaluation is done to get rid of the
'/home/mjung/.wine/dosdevices/c:' prefixes in unix paths. I guess we should
get rid of the generic symlink evaluation in unixfs and implement something
especially targeted at those prefixes?

I guess this should be considered a bug in unixfs, so in my opinion it would
be ok to apply the shellpath-patches. In a standard setup with Z:\ mapped
to /, everything is fine. And even if it's removed, it's still better than
with the current solution.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung