wined3d: Fixed render states

Vitaly Budovski vbudovsk at cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue Jan 31 19:42:32 CST 2006

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 31/01/06, Vitaly Budovski <vbudovsk at cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> H. Verbeet wrote:

>>> You probably want to split the patch up in smaller pieces.
>>>

>> How would I do this?
>>
> The changes to eg. EDGEANTIALIAS and POINTSPRITENABLE don't depend on
> eachother, and aren't really related, except for both of them being
> renderstates, so you could probably split those changes up into
> separate patches.
>

>>> Same problem as with your patch for d3d8, wined3d doesn't currently
>>> check for ARB_POINT_PARAMETERS support (in IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps).
>>>

>> Will be submitted as a separate patch. Falls back to the EXT version for
>> now.
>>
> I think it is preferrable to check in working code as much as
> possible. Although it doesn't directly break stuff, it would probably
> be best to submit the checks for ARB_POINT_PARAMETERS support before
> trying to use it.

>>> Did you verify that this isn't required anymore? Otherwise that's a
>>> potential regression.
>>>

>> This seems to be a bug with (some?) ATI hardware/drivers.
>> Point smoothing should normally be supported I believe.
>>
> Well yes, but I doubt we want to break stuff that was previously working.

Some more information confirming that it is indeed a problem with some
ATI cards/drivers:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php?page=Tasks.OpenGLConformance

It would be good if someone with an ATI card could download the
point_sprite_bug sample mentioned on that page and test it out to see if
it is still an issue.