[AppDB] Problem with xinha, compile_update_string() and query_parameters()

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 14:56:33 CDT 2006

We have a problem with xinha, compile_update_string() and query_parameters().
Xinha changes double quotes, ampersands, the less than symbol, the greater than
symbol and probably others into their HTML Ampersand Character Codes[1]. This
conflicts with what mysql_real_escape_string() does and causes
query_parameters() to refuse to update the database when there is an one of
these characters in a Xinha field.

I have investigated this for quite a while now and am unsatisfied with any quick
solution that have looked at.

[1]
http://rabbit.eng.miami.edu/info/htmlchars.html

--